Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Welcome to Sucre et la Sarriette!

Welcome

Hi everyone! Welcome to Sucre et la Sarriette which in French means: sweet and savory. S.et la S. is a healthy food blog - bringing you good-to-eat *sugarless desserts in a sugar filled food world.

The Benefits

There are so many benefits from eating healthy - and if only semi-sugar free. Many recipes I use call for xylitol, which is very good for your teeth and also a candida fighter. (which causes  stomach problems) The other recipes call for either Stevia or some other natural sweetner. (honey, molasses et cetra)

My Story

At first, I was only "interested" in sugar-free eating when I had a cold. I read that sugar causes your immune system to break down, and I, of course, didn't like being sick. Usually after I was over the cold or sickness I would go back on my "little diet". My last cold (back in...December?) lasted a *horribly* long time, and from then (despite some "cheating" in the first month or so, I've been living dessert free. Really, after a time of not eating sugary desserts, you really do lose the taste for sugar. :)

I hope you enjoy this healthy-sugar-free blog!

4 comments:

Marieanne said...

cool idea Kara! But I think your title should be 'Sucre et saveur' because 'sariette' is not a word that we really use in french :)

Kara said...

Thanks, Marieanne! Ack, it's obvious, I don't speak french. ;)

Marieanne said...

finally I'm not sure of what I told you... I searched a bit and 'sarriette' is a flower, is it really what you wanted in your title?

AnneKatherine said...

love this design!! not to mention the recipes I'm loooking forward to!!
www.raspberrycappuccino.com